Officers

Chair

Joseph Levy (InterDigital) 

jslevy@ieee.org

Vice Chair

Roger Marks (EthAirNet Associates)

r.b.marks@ieee.org

Recording Secretary

Position is Open

If interested, please speak with the Chair


Working Documents

Open Issues:

Outgoing LS to 3GPP SA TSG – contributions requested
Outgoing LS to 3GPP RAN WG2 – contributions requested

Group Formation Docs

11-16/1057r1


March 2017 – Vancouver, BC, Canada

Main Documents

Final Agenda

11-17/200r2

Closing Report

11-17/0509r3

Meeting Minutes

TBS

Achievements

The main achievements of this meeting were

•      Reviewed response LS from 3GPP RAN TSG (11-17/0444r0).

•      Reviewed outgoing LS to 3GPP SA TSG (11-16/1574) and background information in (11-17/0005r0 and 11-17/0480r0). 
Call for contributions to progress this work.

•      Agreed to postpone the reply to 3GPP RAN WG2 LS on Estimated Throughput until the May meeting (11-17/0315r0, draft reply:11-17/0378r0).
Call for contributions to progress this work.

•      Reviewed the activity of the “IEEE “5G” Specification” – 802.1 OmniRAN ICAID meeting and reviewed the ICAID (omniran-16/0084r5).

•      Generated two text proposals for the ICAID and provided them to the 802.1 OmniRAN Chair.  These proposals were applied to the ICAID (omniran-16-0084r7). Note this version of the ICAID was approved and an Industry Connections (IC) activity was started in 802.1.

 Scheduled Teleconferences

•      Thursday, 20 April @ 10am EDT and

•      Thursday, 04 May @10am EDT

The focus of these teleconferences will be to continue to define technical areas to discuss with 3GPP SA TSG and work on 11-16/1574: the LS to 3GPP SA Requesting Status and Information on WLAN integration in 3GPP NextGen System. 

 

 May 2017 plans, F2F, Daejeon, Korea

•      Two meeting slots planned

•      Continue to work on the LS to 3GPP SA TSG: 11-16/1574

•      Continue to work to define technical areas to discuss with 3GPP RAN

•      Continue to work to define technical areas to discuss with 3GPP SA

•      Follow the IEEE 802 network enhancements for the next decade Industry Connections Activity (An 802.1 IC Activity – resulting the 802.1 OmniRAN Ad Hoc ICAID.)


January 2017 – Atlanta, GA, USA

Main Documents

Final Agenda

11-16/1600r4

Closing Report

11-17/0178r0

Meeting Minutes

11-17/0150r0

Achievements

The main achievements of this meeting were

•      Completed the 802.11 draft reply LS (11-16/1510r3) to the LS from 3GPP RAN2 on estimated throughput (11-16-1384r0).  The draft LS was approved by 802.11 and was sent to RAN2 by the 802.11 Chair (R2-1700673)

•      Completed the 802.11 draft LS (11-16/1573r4) to 3GPP RAN Requesting Status and Information on Radio-Level Integration.  The draft LS was approved by 802.11 and was sent to RAN by the 802.11 Chair (RP-170026)

•      Discussed Industry Connections project - informative - no conclusions

•      Reply liaison to RAN2 draft created – still being discussed, not agreed, plan competition @ January meeting.

 Teleconferences

•      No Teleconferences were scheduled prior to the March 802.11 Plenary

 


Teleconference Thursday 5 January @ 10:00 ET

Meeting Minutes

11-16/1351r0

 


Teleconference Thursday 15 December @ 10:00 ET

Meeting Minutes

11-16/1351r0

 


Teleconference Thursday 1 December @ 10:00 ET

Meeting Minutes

11-16/1351r0

 


November 2016 – San Antonio, TX, USA

Main Documents

Final Agenda

11-16/1318r3

Closing Report

11-16/1542r0

Meeting Minutes

11-16/1598r0, 11-16/1547r0 (referenced in 11-16/1598r0)

 

Achievements

The main achievements of this meeting were

•      Reported on 3GPP replies to 802.11 LS (11-16/1101r10)

•      Straw Polled interest in new LS to 3GPP RAN and SA

•      Polls indicated some support: 8/0/19 and 7/0/14, respectively

•      Discussed Industry Connections project - informative - no conclusions

•      Reply liaison to RAN2 draft created – still being discussed, not agreed, plan competition @ January meeting.

 

 


Teleconference Thursday 27 October 2016 @ 10:00 ET

Meeting Minutes

11-16/1351r0

 


Teleconference Tuesday 27 September 2016 @ 10:00 ET

Meeting Minutes

11-16/1303r0

 


September 2016 - Warsaw

Main Documents

Final Agenda

11-16/1128r3

Closing Report

11-16/1281r1

Meeting Minutes

11-16/1287r0

 

Achievements

The main achievements of this meeting were

•      LS sent to 3GPP RAN/SA

•      11-16/1101r10
“Draft LS from 802_11 to 3GPP RAN and SA on IMT 2020”

•      Straw Poll in support of the Draft LS Y/N/A 16/0/0

•      802.11 WG Motion Y/N/A 36/1/2

•      Sent by 802.11 WG Chair to 3GPP RAN/SA

•      802.1CF. OmniRAN held a kick off meeting Wednesday 14 Sept PM2 discussing “Option A”

 


USEFUL LINKS TO OTHER SITES:

IEEE P802.11 WLANs RELATED

§  Home

§  IEEE 802.11 WiKi

§  E-mail Reflectors Archives (Members Only)

OTHER SITES

§  IEEE P802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC)

§  802.1CF OmniRAN 


This page is maintained by Joseph Levy. Comments are welcome.

Copyright (c), the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.

This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.