IEEE P802.11 - NEXT GENERATION V2X (NGV) STUDY GROUP (SG) -
Status of IEEE 802.11 NEXT GENERATION V2X SG
Bo Sun, Chair
Hongyuan Zhang, Vice Chair
802.11p is matured and robust for DSRC applications.However,802.11 PHY and MAC has evolved after 802.11p amendments with many mature technologies (e.g. LDPC, STBC etc).There is a requirement to adopt recent 802.11 technologies for new V2X applications, e.g. for higher throughput applications, and/or better reliability/efficiency, and/or extended range.
The goal of the Next Generation V2X Study Group is to define the scope and develop the PAR and CSD for an IEEE 802.11 standard on Next Generation V2X while maintain the backward compatible with 802.11p.
- Hongyuan Zhang was elected as the NGV SG Vice Chair
- PAR discussion based on 11-18/0861 and other relevant submissions
- Channel model submissions were presented and discussed
- A NGV SG conference call is scheduled at 8:00pm on Jun 12 ET
Plan for Jul 2018
- The single goal for NGV SG is to complete PAR and CSD.
NGV(Next Generation V2X) SG formed.
May 2018 plans
- Leadership appointment
- Start on the PAR and 5C documents
- Discuss the scope for the SG
- Discuss the requirements and use cases
USEFUL LINKS TO OTHER SITES:
IEEE P802.11 WLANs RELATED
This page is maintained by Bo Sun.
Comments are welcome.
the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers,
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles,
words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.