IEEE P802.11 - NEXT GENERATION V2X (NGV) STUDY GROUP (SG) -
Status of IEEE 802.11 NEXT GENERATION V2X SG
Bo Sun, Chair
Hongyuan Zhang, Vice Chair
Amelia Andersdotter, Secretary
802.11p is matured and robust for DSRC applications.However,802.11 PHY and MAC has evolved after 802.11p amendments with many mature technologies (e.g. LDPC, STBC etc).There is a requirement to adopt recent 802.11 technologies for new V2X applications, e.g. for higher throughput applications, and/or better reliability/efficiency, and/or extended range.
The goal of the Next Generation V2X Study Group is to define the scope and develop the PAR and CSD for an IEEE 802.11 standard on Next Generation V2X while maintain the backward compatible with 802.11p.
- The PAR document was updated to (11-18/0861r9) according to 4 received comments and approved by 802.11 WG and EC
- Liaison feedbacks from Car 2 Car Communication Consortium and ETSI TC ITS were reviewed and corresponding response liaisons were approved
- 9 submissions on topics of use cases, channel model and technical feasibility were presented and discussed.
- Use Case Document was updated to 11-18/1323r2
Teleconference Plan before Nov 2018
- Dec 11, 10:00am ~ 11:59am, ET
Plan for Jan 2019
- 1st IEEE 802.11 TGbd meeting
- PAR document (11-18/0861r8) was approved by 802.11 WG to forward to IEEE-SA EC for comment
- CSD document (11-18/0862r3) was approved by 802.11 WG to forward to IEEE-SA EC for comment
- Use Case Document was updated to 11-18/1323r1
- 7 submissions on topics of use cases, channel model and technical feasibility were presented and discussed.
Teleconference Plan before Nov 2018
- Oct 16, 10:00am ~ 11:59am, ET
Plan for Nov 2018
- Proceed potential PAR/CSD comments from IEEE-SA EC
- Review response liaisons to Use Case Liaison
- Submissions on use case, channel model and tech feasibilities
- Amelia Andersdotter was appointed as the NGV SG Secretary
- PAR document (11-18/0861r5) was approved by NGV SG to forward to WG for approval
- Use Case Document (11-18/1323r0) was approved by NGV SG as the use case baseline
- A liaison document (11-18/1303r2) for NGV use cases to relevant stakeholders was developed by the NGV and approved by the WG
- CSD draft (11-18/0862r0) was reviewed and will be improved in future.
- The NGV SG timeline plan was settled as in 11-18/1047r5.
- Teleconference plan before Sep meeting was settled as in 11-18/1047r5
- 11 submissions on topics of use cases, channel model and technical feasibility were presented and discussed.
- The first extension of NGV SG extension was approved by WG
Teleconference Plan before Sep 2018
- Jul 31, 10:00am ~ 11:59am, ET
- Aug 21, 10:00am ~ 11:59am, ET
Plan for Sep 2018
- Get PAR/CSD document ready for approval by WG in Sep meeting
- Call for submissions assisting completing of PAR/CSD
- Hongyuan Zhang was elected as the NGV SG Vice Chair
- PAR discussion based on 11-18/0861 and other relevant submissions
- Channel model submissions were presented and discussed
- A NGV SG conference call is scheduled at 8:00pm on Jun 12 ET
Plan for Jul 2018
- The single goal for NGV SG is to complete PAR and CSD.
NGV(Next Generation V2X) SG formed.
May 2018 plans
- Leadership appointment
- Start on the PAR and 5C documents
- Discuss the scope for the SG
- Discuss the requirements and use cases
USEFUL LINKS TO OTHER SITES:
IEEE P802.11 WLANs RELATED
This page is maintained by Bo Sun.
Comments are welcome.
the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers,
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles,
words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.