[STDS-802-11-AANI] FW: [STDS-802-11] Liaison statement from NGMN on 5G End-to-End architecture

Dear All,

In response to Adrian’s request below – I will be adding to the AANI agenda a time slot for discussion on the NGMN liaison statement (hyperlink in Adrian’s email, below) and the associate NGMN “5G End-to-End Architecture Framework”, v0.8.1, dated 2017-10-04 document:  (https://www.ngmn.org/uploads/media/171006_NGMN_E2EArchFramework_v0.8.1_01.pdf).

I believe that 802.11 should respond to this liaison statement.  As a minimum we should thank NGMN for sharing it with 802.11.  We should also consider responding with questions or statements regarding issues of interest to 802.11.  Note the document discusses “Access Networks”, specifically the need for the 5G core network to support multiple access networks (see section 6.3), and specifically calls attention to Wi-Fi Access Network (see section 6.3.3).  In addition Wi-Fi is mentioned in sections 12.1 and 12.2, where the document discusses “Endpoint/User equipment”.

Please let me know if you will be providing a contribution discussing this LS or its associated document, or if you would like to participate in the drafting of a reply LS.  Thanks.

Joseph Levy

IEEE 802.11 AANI SC Chair

Joseph.levy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(O) +1 631 622 4139