[STDS-802-11-AANI] Submissions to ITU-R WP5D - New information

Dear All,

Wishing you a Very Happy and Healthy New Year. Hope you had an enjoyable
break.

I would like to share the following news with you:
- 3GPP is preparing a submission to ITU-R WP5D meeting.
- To be precise, they will be submitting (partially completed) description
templates for the Jan/Feb meeting (exactly as I had suggested that we do,
right from the start)

The documents are available here:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ran/TSG_RAN/TSGR_78/Docs/RP-172789.zip

For your convenience, I am copy-pasting the introductory texts:

Little later , it goes on to say that such an initial submission is to
allow the independent evaluation groups to familiarize with the proposal
(pretty much the wordings that I had used to justify why we should be
submitting initial templates):

The two zip files mentioned in the excerpt, can be downloaded from
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_ran/TSG_RAN/TSGR_78/Docs/RP-172789.zip.

If you look at the responses in the description templates (e.g. the NR
RIT.docx), you will see the text “The information will be provided in later
update.”. For 802.11 as well, many of the sections such as access schemes,
modulation formats, PAPR, ECC, Interleaving, and many aspects of the PHY/MAC
layers can be summarized with ease.

As I had said several times and the Chair Joe Levy had supported the
argument, we should really plan on submitting inputs to the ITU-R. I had
repeatedly said that what I was suggesting is what is documented in the
submission guidelines. I believe that it is not wise to  completely rely on
the procedures that were followed in the past.

I therefore urge the AANI SC members to please be open to the idea of
submission to the ITU-R WP5D and be willing to contribute.

Thanks and Kind Regards
Rakesh.