Re: [STDS-802-11-AANI] How to Progress the Work on the Technical Report on Interworking?

The results of the Straw Poll are as follows:

I received 21 responses

10 preferred: 1) Consider the comments provided in 11-20/1031r2 (as presented during the meeting) and update the report before submitting the report for WG comment collection.

10 preferred: 2) Submit 11-20/0013r3 for WG comment collection “now” and consider the comments provided in 11-20/1031r2 during the comment resolution phase, along with other comments received during the WG comment collection.

1 individual was fine with either option.

The SP is inconclusive - so as Chair I will exercise my administrative authority to progress this work.
I request and encourage the authors and commenters work together to:
  1. Continue discussion on the AANI SC email reflector
  2. The authors: to update the report (11-20/0013r3) considering the comments received
  3. The commenters: are encouraged to provide some text/graphic contributions for the report (possibly becoming authors/contributors of the report).
  4. The authors to generate an updated report (11-20/0013r4 or greater) for presentation review at the next AANI Teleconference, to be scheduled on Tuesday 28 July 9:00am-10:00am.
  5. Following the 28 July teleconference, I will take the updated report with any additional edits agreed during the teleconference and request the 802.11 WG chair send the report for a 20 day WG comment collection - with a target start date of 31 July 2020 and a target close date of 20 August 2020.
Proceeding in this manner, will allow the AANI SC to hold a Teleconference on 25 August to discuss and assign the comments.  This will allow for approximately 3 weeks to resolve the comments prior to the September Interim meeting (which will not be a F2F meeting).  I will also schedule AANI SC Teleconference on the 1st and 8th of September to support comment resolution (we will hold these teleconferences only if there is something to discuss).  Assuming we can complete comment resolution and an updated report is available in line with this proposed timeline - the AANI SC will then ask for 802.11 WG endorsement of the report during the closing plenary of the 802.11 September Interim meeting (assuming there is a closing plenary meeting).  Note: this proposed schedule of events is only an estimate, the actual progress will depend on contributions received and how well we work together to complete this report.

--
Regards,
Joseph Levy