[STDS-802-11-ARC] Note addition of 11ax item to ARC agenda

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 ARC Reflector ---

All,

Note that I have had a brief discussion with Osama (Chair of TGax) and we agree that it would be helpful for the ARC SC to do a review of https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/17/11-17-1220-02-00ax-clause-10-2-comment-resolution.docx

This document is a discussion (and proposed changes) to how 11ax amends section 10.2 “MAC architecture”. This is the subclause that gives a high-level overview of the media access methods (DCF, HCF, PCF, etc.), including a diagram of how these methods “architecturally stack” with respect to each other.  TGax has received comments that this subclause needs to add description of their MU modes for media access.  (There is already some language to modify EDCA slightly, in D1.0.)

I’ve added this as an ARC agenda item for the Waikoloa F2F session, to give the ARC group a chance to review this document, and provide any quick comments back to TGax.  Since there is hope for 11ax to go to WG ballot out of the September meeting, if we have any complicated concerns and/or can’t complete our review quickly, we’ll need to address this further during the ballot.  But, if we are generally okay, and have only quick suggestions, they could be considered in the production of D2.0.

So, please review the document and come to the ARC session ready to discuss.  Or, for those who won’t be able to attend in Waikoloa, please get any comments to me ahead of the session.  (Of course, any comments posted or sent to the reflector early is always a good idea, even if you will be there in person. J)

Thanks.  Mark