Subject: IEEE 802.11 - Line Numbers in Published Drafts
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:21:41 -0500
From: Jonathan Goldberg <goldberg.j@xxxxxxxx>
To: Adrian Stephens <adrian.p.stephens@xxxxxxxx>
CC: Kathryn Bennett <K.Bennett@xxxxxxxx>

Adrian,

Good afternoon. I had shared the request raised at the 802.11 January 2017 Wireless Interim opening session regarding the inclusion of line numbers in the published version of approved standards for ease of future review and revision by the Working Group.

As per the IEEE-SA Managing Editor, at this time, we do not offer this as a separate document. However, as a bit of a workaround, when the final version of the source files are made available to the Working Group, they can turn the line numbers back on in the source files and create the PDF.

We will continue internal discussions regarding this request to see if it may be an offering in the future.

Jonathan Goldberg
Manager, Operational Program Management
IEEE Standards Association

p: +1 732 562 6088
c: +1 732 570 0116
f:  +1 732 562 1571

IEEE - Fostering technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.