Dear colleagues - since there is a REVme meeting from 16 April to 18 April, if there is any input you may want me to consider, it is great if you can let me know by 16 April as I may plan to resolve the related comments during the meeting.

Regards,
Edward

On Fri, Apr 5, 2024 at 2:23 PM Stacey, Robert <robert.stacey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Editors' Reflector ---
Hi Edward,

Our first rule is to maintain consistency with the baseline. I think this means "EHT sounding NDP"

If we are going to change things, it needs to be in REVme (or REVmf). I don't like that "NDP" and would prefer something like "HE Sounding PPDU". (NDP = null data packet, which sounds MAC-ish)

The comment about capitalization is valid, but something for REVmf. Ask members that want change to comment in REVmf.

-Robert

From: *** IEEE stds-802-11-editors List *** <STDS-802-11-EDITORS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Edward Au <edward.ks.au@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2024 10:53 AM
To: STDS-802-11-EDITORS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-11-EDITORS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STDS-802-11-EDITORS] Follow-up discussion on capitalization and abbreviation

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Editors' Reflector ---
Dear Robert, Emily, and all,

As a follow-up of the discussion in the March 2024 plenary meeting, may I know if there is any feedback on the following two issues I mentioned during the EDITORs meeting?

1)  Based on the discussion in TGbe, I need an advice on whether the following terms are capitalized:
a)  "HE sounding NDP" vs. "HE Sounding NDP"
b)  "EHT sounding NDP" vs. "EHT Sounding NDP".
In P802.11be D5.01, I used "EHT sounding NDP" for the sake of consistency with "HE sounding NDP".  A few members asked whether sounding should be capitalized or not 'cause they consider these are frame names.

2)  Based on a comment assigned to me in REVme (and a discussion in the most recent Editors' teleconference call), for a term that has been defined in subclause 3.4 (Abbreviation), do we need to define the abbreviation again on the first use in each major clause?

Thanks and Regards,
Edward