[STDS-802-11-REG] DSRC Coexistence Tiger Team call 22 August 2014 ***CANCELLED***

All,
  I was planning to have a call this week, but there is NOT a presentation in the queue for tomorrow's call, so I am cancelling it.
  Meeting minutes have been posted for the August 8th call:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/14/11-14-1027-01-0reg-aug-8th-dsrc-coexistence-tiger-team-minutes.doc
as well as the August 15th call:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/14/11-14-1059-00-0reg-aug-15th-dsrc-coexistence-tiger-team-minutes.doc
Thanks to Bill Check of NCTA for doing the minutes.  Bill has also compiled a document that captures all the action items and requests for information that were discussed in the last month or so.  That document is: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/14/11-14-1060-00-0reg-dsrc-coex-tt-action-item-list-july-aug.doc
.
  The most interesting news this week pertaining to this Tiger Team was a press release about an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPRM) by NHTSA, the link to which is: http://www.nhtsa.gov/About+NHTSA/Press+Releases/NHTSA-issues-advanced-notice-of-proposed-rulemaking-on-V2V-communications .  If you have not seen this press release, it also has links to related documents that you may want to read.

  Because the regulatory process is moving along, the chair of the 802.11 Regulatory Standing Committee, Rich Kennedy, has asked me to set up a schedule to complete the work of this Tiger Team.  We have at least two and possibly three more presentations in the queue, then we should begin the process of pulling together the information we have collected and generating a summary that will be sent to the Reg SC, which completes our work.  We will discuss the schedule at our next call; I do not know if we will have a call next Friday (August 29th), so watch for an announcement.

Best regards,
Jim

Jim Lansford, Ph.D.

Fellow, Global Standards