Re: [STDS-802-11-REG] Thursday's Call

Rich,

Regarding Reply Comments on 15-138, I will not have detailed response. This is partly due to my travel this week, and lack of discussion with others who volunteered to work on developing a response. Others might have a draft.

Vijay

From: *** Regulatory and Spectrum Allocation Topics *** [mailto:STDS-802-11-REG@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich Kennedy
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2015 7:31 AM
To: STDS-802-11-REG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-REG] Thursday's Call

All:

There is a Regulatory SC call scheduled for this Thursday (November 19).

In case you have not heard, I informed Adrian at Thursday’s CAC meeting that I will be stepping down as Chair of this group. After leading the group for over six years, since its inception, I need to focus on dealing with regulators in a way that serves our industry, something that has been, and continues to be difficult within IEEE 802. This is a serious effort and requires serious support from the organization. I have tried to resolve the issues for the last three plus years, but there seems to be no will to see it through.

For Thursday, I am looking for contributions. I will continue to chair the group until a replacement is found,  but will look to the membership to develop the agenda and regulatory direction.

Thanks for the support all these years.

Rich Kennedy

Manager, New Technology Development

MediaTek Inc.

rich.kennedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

(832) 298-1114

Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory TG Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance White Spaces TTG Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance White Spaces MTG Vice-chair

IEEE802.11 TGaf (WLAN in White Spaces) Chair

IEEE802.11/15 Regulatory SC Chair

Instead, go to http://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-REG and then press the LEAVE button.

Instead, go to http://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-REG and then press the LEAVE button.