Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAF] Draft treatment of VHT PPDU

I just had an interesting thought, probably late in the game:

What if we define a TVHT PPDU transmission based on the existing VHT TXVECTOR and RX VECTOR parameter values?

I am not certain of how one would identify it.

E.g.

We could leave everything untouched in most places, and then say that, for example, a PPDU transmitted with TXVECTOR CH_BANDWIDTH set to CBW40 when transmitted by a TVHT STA in a TVWSB_W channel - (we would need to define that quantity) – then the PPDU being transmitted is a TVHT_W PPDU. We do not have to create new parameters – just give the parameters a different meaning when the TX is applied to a 6,7, or 8 MHz channel or a 2W or 4W channel, etc.

Of course – this is just a thought and we should probably just continue along the path, although after Jens gave up, I have been trying my hand at those 9.x subclauses and am also finding things to be very difficult, but I am still trying to get it to work. Mostly, I am confused about which terms need to change and which do not.

Matthew Fischer