Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAK] Proposal about 802.1Qbz

Some of the reasons in favor of this:

I've put that comment in on the current TG ballot to this effect.  Two of
the reasons are:

a. Most importantly, I can delete clauses 12 and 17, I don't have to
create a MIB to support the option.

b. As a minor side issue, nobody has to implement two ways of decoding a
tagged frame in their ASICs.

Relative priorities aside :) I would also point out that, if some station
has some kind of tagging protocol today that uses the LLC-Only scheme
(other than 802.1Q tags!!!), then it will continue to work, because the
bridge won't notice it any more than it does, today.

The only danger I see to the whole scheme is if anybody today is shipping
Wi-Fi stations that add Q-tags using the LLC-Only format, e.g.:

|AA AA 03 00 00 00 81 00|01 23|AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00|ipheader
| LLC/SNAP        |EthT |CVID | LLCSNAP         |EthT | Ipgram

(NOTE:  There is no length field, anywhere, there.)

If anybody does this, today, then PLEASE SPEAK UP!!!  Otherwise, we can
get rid of this obnoxious and expensive option.

-- Norm