Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAK] Jumbo Frame EtherType

The Wikipedia entry is useless.  But, looking at this old internet draft, this is exactly the EtherType we want to signal a long LLC frame.  I checked the IEEE RA, and this EtherType belongs to Alteon, which is defunct.  The Alteon authors in the Draft, however, are friends of mine.  I'll check with them to see if the type is available.

Thanks, Mark!!

-- Norm

From: <Gravel>, Mark Allen <mark.gravel@xxxxxx>
Date: Monday, August 19, 2013 14:53 PM
To: Norman Finn <nfinn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Jumbo Frame EtherType

Norm,

Look at 0x8870 in the following link.  There is an associated IETF draft or RFC discussion how this EtherType is used in conjunction with LLC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EtherType

Here is an IETF draft that kind of discuss Jumbo frames. I need to read this again to see if it applies to our discussion.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaplan-isis-ext-eth-02

Cheers,

Mark Gravel

HPN