From: Dorothy Stanley <dstanley1389@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 April 2018 at 17:25
Subject: [STDS-802-11] Reminder of Subgroup officer appointments/elections/confirmations in May 2018
To: STDS-802-11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

802.11 members,

Below is a summary of our operating procedures related to subgroup officer and position appointments, see https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/14/11-14-0629-21-0000-802-11-operations-manual.docx .

WG motions related to the required confirmations are planned for the Warsaw Friday plenary, noting an exception for the TGaz vice chair position, which is deferred to July to accommodate member attendance.

Thanks,

Dorothy

Task Group Chair

The TG Chair shall be appointed by the WG Chair and confirmed by a WG majority approval. The TG Chair is re-affirmed every 2 years: one session after the WG Chair is elected.

Task Group Vice-Chair

TG Vice-Chair is elected by a TG majority approval and confirmed by a WG majority approval.  The TG Vice-Chair is reaffirmed every 2 years; one session after the WG Chair is elected.

Task Group Secretary

The TG Secretary shall be appointed by the TG Chair and confirmed by a TG motion that is approved with a minimum 50% majority. The TG Secretary is re-affirmed every 2 years; one session after the WG Chair is elected.

Task Group Technical Editor

The TG Technical Editor shall be appointed by the TG Chair and confirmed by a TG majority approval.

(no requirement to re-affirm the editor)