Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Updated submission 17-191r3 is on Mentor

Hello Patrice,
Thank you for your comments.

In CID8293 resolution I am trying to follow the 802.11 operating principles for reverse direction protocol and EDCA. The reverse direction protocol may be used both the legacy STA and HE STA and in both cases the RD responder does not update the backoff.
Similarly as in HCCA, the RD may allow transmission of frames from any AC. Again, regardless of the AC where the frames were transmitted, the responder does not reset its backoff to any AC from which it has received an MPDU. I find it unfair to make different rules for 802.11ax and legacy STAs.

802.11ax is not capable to change the backoff handling of the legacy STAs, it can only define how 802.11ax devices operate. To me it sounds that you would like to change the general mechanism when the backoff is reset. The best group to make the change for all STAs and to ensure the fairness among all STAs is the maintenance group.

If you like, we can continue off-line discussions on the topic.

Best regards,
Jarkko Kneckt