Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Calculating TXOP Duration For HE Trigger Based PPDU's HE-SIG-A2

Hi Yongho,

Thanks for pointing out of the resolution of CID 9611 on this very issue, good job on resolving it!

huizhao

From: Yongho Seok <yongho.seok@xxxxxxxxx>
To: STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Calculating TXOP Duration For HE Trigger Based PPDU's HE-SIG-A2

Hello Huizhao,

In San Diego ad-hoc meeting, we discussed the issue you mentioned and the below resolution (see CID9611) will be incorporated into D1.2.

Based on the proposed resolution, all HE trigger-based PPDUs have an identical value for the Duration field in the MAC header. And, because the TXOP Duration field in the HE-SIG-A is uniquely determined from the the Duration field in the MAC header. The issue has been resolved.
One more thing, a referecne of clause 21 in the resolution would be udpated to clause 28 (i.e., Eq. 28-129 in 11-17/234r3) in a next draft.

Thanks,
Yongho

Hello all,

There is no specific rule in D1.1 about how to populate the TXOP Duration value for Trigger based PPDU's HE-SIG-A2.

Given the different granularities (8us, or 128us), and multiple places to get NAV values (Trigger frame's HE-SIG-A2, or Trigger frame's Duration field), it can lead to the situation that different STAs may put different values into its own HE-SIG-A2 TXOP Duration fields in their own Trigger based PPDU.

My opinion, we should let the AP to put the value in Trigger frame's Common field (extra 7 bits needed) for all the STAs just simply copy the value into their own Trigger based PPDU's HE-SIG-A2.

Does anyone object to this proposal?

thx,

huizhao
Instead, go to http://listserv.ieee.org/cgi- bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-TGAX and then press the LEAVE button.