[STDS-802-11-TGAX] Personal comments on 11-17/1220 (Clause 10.2 Comment Resolution)

All,

I have scheduled time for the ARC SC to look at the 11ax changes to clause 10.2, and in particular 11-17/1220r2, next week.  But, both in preparation for that meeting, and in response to a suggestion to make comments available ASAP, here are some comments “ad hoc”.  I hope that’s helpful.

  1. In general, this looks to be heading in the correct direction to me.  Thanks!
  2. I note that the text proposed in 11-17/1220r2 for the new subclause 10.2.5a is not really parallel to the baseline for similar subclauses.  It would be good to start with something like:
    1. “An HE STA also implements the coordination function called MUCF.
  3. It is not clear to me (although I’m sure someone on this list can explain readily) whether the MUCF includes the EDCA access used to transmit the Trigger Frame (or a frame that contains an UL MU Response Scheduling A-Control subfield).  That is, wouldn’t these frames be sent using the regular EDCA access (which is still present, operating in parallel to the MUCF)?  The MUCF seems to be intended for the responding STA sending its HE trigger-based PPDU only.  I would change the wording in 10.2.5a (in 11-17/1220r2) to not list the contention based channel access or EDCA operations as part of the MUCF.
  4. Assuming #3 is acceptable/agreed, the replacement for Figure 10-1 becomes much simpler, as it just needs the one box for MUCF added.  This box could have the MUCF label across the top, where (in 11-17/1220r2) it now has “UL MU Access”.
  5. If an opinion is desired on whether the MUCF should be one box or two, or one box with the two inside it (as in 11-17/1220r2), my personal opinion is that one box with the two inside it seems appropriate, given how different the UMTA and UORA channel accesses are, but that they are both under the MUCF “umbrella” of support for non-contention UL MU channel access.

My two cents, and worth less than that…

I’m open to any questions/feedback, and/or any guidance for discussion within ARC SC next week.  Unfortunately, I note that all 3 ARC meeting slots are in conflict with some AX slot(s).  If anyone from TGax would like to attend, and has a time suggestion that would be easier, let me know, I can be flexible with ARC’s agenda.  I know Osama has requested that any feedback come as early in the week as possible, also.

Thanks.  Mark

Instead, go to http://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-TGAX and then press the LEAVE button.