Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Editorial Issue

Hello Ming,

Sorry for the late response.

I dug into this a little more:

In September 2019, we passed the following motion 131:

Move to accept text changes in doc 11-19/1699r1

Move: Laurent Cariou                    Second: Bin Tian

Approved with unanimous consnet

In 19/1699r1 there was an instruction to delete the sentence:

The Co-Located AP subfield is set to 1 if every AP in this Neighbor AP Information field is co-located with the transmitting AP. It is set to 0 otherwise, or if the information is unknown.

And add the sentence:

The Co-Located AP subfield is set to 1 if the reported AP is in the co-located AP set of the transmitting AP. It is set to 0 otherwise.

There was also a resolution to #21288 approved in 19/1150r3 that changed the original text to:

P164L56: The Co-Located AP subfield is set to 1 if every AP in this Neighbor AP Information field is in the same co-located AP set as the transmitting AP. It is set to 0 otherwise, or if the information is unknown.

I believe I resolved the conflict by as follows (assuming that the intent of M131 was to move the sentence rather than modify it):

The Co-Located AP subfield is set to 1 if every AP in this Neighbor AP Information field is in the same colocated AP set as the transmitting AP(#21288). It is set to 0 otherwise.(M131)

(this was the text I sent for review)

After review I we ended up with (in D5.0):

The Co-Located AP subfield is set to 1 if the reported AP is in the same co-located AP set as the transmitting AP. It is set to 0 otherwise.

Meaning we took the M131 text over the #21288 text.

I don’t actually have a record of why it changed “reported AP” to “every AP in this Neighbor AP Information field”. What is likely is that somebody reported it as an editing error (citing #21288) and I corrected it based on that but did not remember the conflict.

So it seems the changes originate with conflicting motions around the time D5.0 was produced.

-Robert