From: *** 802.11 TGax - HEW - High Efficiency WLAN *** <STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Hongyuan Zhang
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:48 AM
To: STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] [EXT] Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] HE MU PPDU NHE-LTF Rx proposal

[External Email]: This email arrived from an external source - Please exercise caution when opening any attachments or clicking on links.

Hi Sigurd,

Junghoon was right on the original line of thoughts when we made up this text in 11ax draft.

This also answers your question-1, I think this sentence is somewhat intentional considering the scenario that Junghoon mentioned. Otherwise there is a big loophole that is hard to be missed : one RU could need up to 8 HELTFs so all users in other RUs would also need to receive 8 HELTFs, how can AP make sure that all the non-AP STAs in this DLMU PPDU are “capable” of receiving 8 HELTFs, if it is not mandatory and no capability either?

[Sigurd]

That appears to be the crux of the disagreement:

  • You believe it’s mandatory
  • I believe there is a capability implied in Beamformee STS

Either way, your proposal is to introduce a capability. I agree that a capability is needed, rather than assuming that 8 HE-LTF is mandatory. Looks like we only need to decide whether the current HE capabilities fields have what we need or a new capability is warranted.