发件人: *** 802.11 TGax - HEW - High Efficiency WLAN *** [mailto:STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] 代表 Tomo Adachi
发送时间: 2020729 8:41
收件人: STDS-802-11-TGAX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] 20-0980 and 20-0981

Ohayou gozaimasu, Mark-san,

Good morning, Ming and Robert. I have questions to Ming and comments to Robert, too. I would appreciate if you two could read the following and respond.

Or, for the cascading case, is it strictly limited to a Trigger frame?

That's my question.  Maybe it can be a TRS Control for the very

end of the cascade, if the end of the cascade is DL data, UL ack

(i.e. opposite to Figure 26-5—An example of an MU cascading sequence)?

Ming, could you answer to this? The question is whether a TRC Control is allowed at the AP not only at the end but also during the cascading sequence.

I thought that the non-AP STA needs to be able to act as both the recipient and the originator, in other words, to respond with an A-MPDU including an acknowledgement and a Data or Management frame (if the basic conditions such as CS, duration, etc. are met).

OK, so how about:

- support bit in Clause 9:

For an HE AP:

Set to 1 to indicate that the AP is capable of trans-

mitting an A-MPDU that is constructed following

the MU cascade sequence rules (see 26.5.3 (MU

cascading sequence)) under MU cascade operation.

Set to 0 otherwise.

or

Reserved [since "is capable of" doesn't really mean anything and what's a non-AP STA supposed to do with this information?]

For a non-AP HE STA:

Set to 1 to indicate that the non-AP STA is capable

of receiving an A-MPDU that is constructed follow-

ing the MU cascade sequence rules (see 26.5.3 (MU

cascading sequence)).

Set to 0 otherwise.

Mark-san, I see your point where it is highlighted in yellow.

Maybe the intention was to have the non-AP STA that is capable only sets the bit to 1 when the associated AP is capable?

Ming, could you give us your opinion?

Robert, while I scanned for cascad" in clause 9, D6.1, I found the following:

9.2.4.6a.4 BSR Control

The Control Information subfield in a BSR Control subfield contains buffer status information used for UL

MU operation (see 26.5.3 (MU cascading sequence)). The format of the subfield is shown in Figure 9-22e

(Control Information subfield format in a BSR Control subfield).

I think the reference should be corrected to 26.5.2 (UL MU Operation).

Please also check BSRs (see 26.5.3 (MU cascading sequence)) that appears twice in Table 9-297aBroadcast TWT Recommendation field for a broadcast TWT element.

- behaviour in Clause 26:

Unless both the AP and the non-AP STA have set the MU Cascading Support subfield to 1 in the MAC Capabilities Information field in the HE Capabilities element they transmit, an AP shall not send to the non-AP STA an A-MPDU that contains both:

* a Data or Management frame, that requires acknowledgment

* a Trigger frame that solicits a Data or Management frame

I am almost OK with this.

Again, in my opinion, a Trigger frame can be substituted to a triggering frame that includes the TRS Control case.

Ming, are you OK with adding the above text in 26.5.3? I think the following sentence proposed in 20/980r1 can be replaced with the above text:

An MU cascading sequence shall not be used between an AP and a non-AP STA (#CID 20732 and 20733) unless both the AP and the non-AP STA have indicated support by setting the MU Cascading Support subfield to 1 in the MAC Capabilities Information field in the HE Capabilities element they transmit.

Best regards,

tomo