Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] Discussion on MU cascading sequence on Sept 3 call

-      Change the first sentence in 26.5.3 MU cascading sequence to An MU cascading sequence is a frame exchange sequence between an AP and one or more non-AP STAs in which the AP, within a single PPDU, acknowledges one or more frames in an UL transmission from a STA, and triggers the STA for a further UL transmission."

I'm basically OK with this, but on reflection maybe I would delete "in an UL

transmission" since a transmission to an AP must by definition be UL, so having

those words sows confusion.

-      Add a sentence, The MU cascading sequence may include one or more QoS Data frames with ack policy HTPE Ack and/or Management frame soliciting acknowledgement together with a triggering frame., at the beginning of the paragraph that starts with The MU cascading sequence may have a different set of transmitters in HE TB PPDUs …” in 26.5.3.

I think that if we add such a sentence, we should delete

The A-MPDU may contain other MPDUs, subject to the rules in 26.6 (A-MPDU operation in

an HE PPDU).

in the previous para, since it's basically saying the same thing with

different level of detail.  However, it also seems to me that this new

sentence is not anything new, just a reminder of existing normative

material, so I think it should be a:

NOTE—An A-MPDU sent by an AP in an MU cascading sequence might include one or more QoS Data frames with ack policy HETP Ack and/or a Management frame soliciting acknowledgement, subject to the rules in 26.6.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk