[STDS-802-11-TGAX] question regarding description on disallowed channels

Dear Osama and all,

I was reviewing 802.11ax D7.0, Page 118, the description on Disallowed Subchannel Bitmap. The following text confuses me:

The Disallowed Subchannel Bitmap subfield indicates the 20 MHz subchannels and the 242-tone RUs that are present in HE sounding NDPs announced by the HE NDP Announcement frame and the 242-tone RUs that are to be included in requested sounding feedback.“

So if the subchannels are disallowed, why would the receiving STAs include them in the requested sounding feedback?

In the same paragraph later “STAs addressed by the HE NDP Announcement frame do not include tones from disallowed 242-tone RUs when determining the average SNR of space time streams 1 to Nc and when generating requested sounding feedback"

Is it simply a case of forgotten “not”, as in the following phrase “that are to be included in requested sounding feedback.“ should be “that are NOT to be included in requested sounding feedback"?

I didn’t submit a comment on this, but wonder whether I am interpreting this wrong or this phrase should be changed.

Best regards,

Xiaofei Clement Wang

Principal Engineer | InterDigital

T: (631) 622.4028