[STDS-802-11-TGAY] Task Group aY Vice Chair election and Secretary reaffirmation in the 2018 May interim

Hi Task Group aY participants,

As per the IEEE 802.11 P&P (https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/14/11-14-0629-21-0000-802-11-operations-manual.doc),
​a ​
task group officer election for aY Vice Chair will be held in Thursday PM1 in the upcoming 2018 May interim.   The current vice chair, Sang Kim, has indicated that he will stand to continue in his role.

On Thursday PM1, I will also ask the task group to consider a motion to reaffirm Jeorge Hurtarte as our task group secretary.

Please let me know if you would like to run for either of the positions.

Regards,
Edward

Task Group Chair

The TG Chair shall be appointed by the WG Chair and confirmed by a WG majority approval. The TG Chair is re-affirmed every 2 years: one session after the WG Chair is elected.

Task Group Vice-Chair

TG Vice-Chair is elected by a TG majority approval and confirmed by a WG majority approval.  The TG Vice-Chair is reaffirmed every 2 years; one session after the WG Chair is elected.

Task Group Secretary

The TG Secretary shall be appointed by the TG Chair and confirmed by a TG motion that is approved with a minimum 50% majority. The TG Secretary is re-affirmed every 2 years; one session after the WG Chair is elected.

Task Group Technical Editor

The TG Technical Editor shall be appointed by the TG Chair and confirmed by a TG majority approval.

(no requirement to re-affirm the editor)