Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAY] The Venn diagram related to the discussion on CID 6216

Thank you, Solomon!

Regards,
Edward

On Thu., Feb. 27, 2020, 03:30 Solomon Trainin, <strainin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

As promised I am working to provide a complete picture of the issue

Best  regards,

Solomon Trainin

+972547885738

From: *** 802.11 TGay - NG60 - Next Generation 60 GHz *** <STDS-802-11-TGAY@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Edward Au
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:31 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGAY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGAY] The Venn diagram related to the discussion on CID 6216

---------- Forwarded message ---------

Dear Joseph,

I drew Venn diagram for DMG, EDMG and non-EDMG again.

DMG STA includes CDMG STA and EDMG STA.

So,

CDMG STA is also DMG STA.

EDMG STA is also DMG STA.

But,

DMG STA is not CDMG STA and EDMG STA.

CDMG STA is not EDMG STA.

EDMG STA is not CDMG STA.

Therefore,

DMG STA can deal with DMG PPDU (or DMG A-PPDU) (Clause 20 PPDU).

CDMG STA can deal with DMG PPDU (or DMG A-PPDU) and CDMG PPDU (Clause 24 PPDU).

EDMG STA can deal with DMG PPDU (or DMG A-PPDU) and EDMG PPDU (or EDMG A-PPDU) (Clause 28 PPDU).

DMG PPDU, CDMG PPDU and EDMG PPDU are unique and mutually exclusive.

Since DMG STA includes two types of STAs, EDMG STA and CDMG STA, the term non-EDMG is used to distinguish EDMG STA from other STAs.

I.e., non-EDMG STA includes DMG STA and CDMG STA.

So, non-EDMG does not mean 11ad but 11ad and 11aj.

I agree with these definitions are confusing.

However, based on the above, I would like to know what is inconsistent with what.

Do you still think there is inconsistency in definition of DMG, EDMG and non-EDMG?

Best regards,

Sakamoto