[STDS-802-11-TGAZ] Proposed change to 'Scalability' section in the TGaz FRD

Hi all,

I’ll be proposing a change the TGaz FRD in my contribution on ‘Scalable Location’ in the TGaz PM2 session this afternoon.

We have seen, as exemplified in  ‘Passive Location - IEEE 802.11-17/0417r0’ , it is possible to design a protocol enabling an unlimited number of clients  we propose to change the FRD to require TGaz to develop a protocol that enables an unlimited number of clients to concurrently estimate their location.

I’d therefore like to propose that we change the FRD to require that we develop a mode enabling an unlimited number of clients to concurrently estimate their location.

The straw poll, and if successful motion, for the FRD change I am thinking to run is:

Do you support adding the following text to the 802.11az Functional Requirements document at the end of the ‘Scalability’ section?

The scalable mode of the 802.11az range measurement protocol shall also support at least one mode which, in addition to the requirements listed above in this section, allows for scalable positioning meeting the following scalability mode requirements:

TGaz R28              Supports enabling an unlimited number of client STAs to concurrently compute their location for the case when the location process is terminated at the client.

Please take a look at this text and see if you are ok with it.

Erik