[STDS-802-11-TGAZ] discussion in the TGaz teleconference when submission 11-19-13668 was presented

Hello Ali:

I started working on the question you raised in the teleconference today when 11-19-1368 was presented: “Why are the ‘lower-level’ details described in Clause 11.22.6.2 for PDMG and PEDMG while the same is not done for non-TB and TB?”. My response at that time appears to be short-sighted.

Thinking through I realize that for PDMG/PEDMG and ‘legacy’ FTM we describe in Cl. 11.22.6.2 all the information that is carried in Extended Capabilities element, DMG Capabilities element and EDMG Capabilities element (not what is sent in IFTMR/IFTM). I now realize that this information is not ‘low-level’ detail but is information carried in frames like the Beacon. And hence ‘outside the IFTMR/IFTM messages’. And they belong in Cl. 11.22.6.2.

I think what is missing in 11-19-1368 is all the information that is set in the Extended Capabilities element that applies to non-TB and TB ranging. So my update to 11-19-1368 should focus on either adding similar content for non-TB and TB (includes Passive) (or moving existing content from other Cl. 11 subclause(s)) that is carried in the Extended Capabilities element.

Would you agree with this approach?

Cheers --

ganesh

“It is amazing what you can accomplish if you don’t care who gets the credit.” – Harry Truman