From: Rethna Pulikkoonattu [mailto:rethnakaran.pulikkoonattu@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 6:02 PM
To: Jiang, Feng1 <feng1.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: STDS-802-11-TGAZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Christian Berger <crberger@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Li, Qinghua <qinghua.li@xxxxxxxxx>; Segev, Jonathan <jonathan.segev@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAZ] IEEE submission 11-19/1572r4

Thanks Feng. Yup, we can discuss more at the F2F. Again, the important question here is regarding the "receiver dynamic range".  I don't wish to brush this aside as a mere channel estimation error problem :-)

6. Yeah, that was a typeset problem. Also ended up swapping the approx. Please read as follows.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 5.51.36 PM.png

Z should be circular symmetric complex Guassian (aka Proper), and the sigma << 1 (typically, <1/10 works)

sigma=1/10;  % sigma << 1

m=1000;n=1;

Z=(randn(m,n)+1i*randn(m,n))*sigma/sqrt(2);

N=100;

u=abs(1./(1+Z));

r=0:N;

v=factorial(r).*(mean(abs(Z).^2)).^r;

w= mean( (abs(Z).^(2.*r)) );

A=mean(u.^2);

[sum(v) sum(w)]

ans =

    1.0108    1.0108

On 2: Yes, there will be diversity gain, but what is quantified here is the worst case scenario here.

5. Yes, it is n.

7. Eq 4 looks fine.

Regards,
Rethna.