[STDS-802-11-TGAZ] Resolution for CID 3310 - Single or dual LO issue for the 160 MHz case in BW subfield for the Availability Window field in the Passive TB Ranging Availability element

Hi all,

Regarding the single or dual LO issue for the 160 MHz case in BW subfield for the Availability Window field in the Passive TB Ranging Availability element:

I am thinking the ‘BW subfield’ for the subfield for the ‘Availability Window field’ in the ‘Passive TB Ranging Availability element’ really should carry the same information as the ‘Bandwidth and Format subfield’ in the ‘Ranging Parameters field’ in the ‘Ranging Parameters element’. I am therefore thinking we simply refer to that field here, and also change the name of the field from ‘BW’ to ‘Bandwidth and Format’.

Thus the changes would be something like this:

TGaz Editor: Change the text in Subclause 9.4.2.295 (RSTA Availability Window element) as follows:

The Passive TB Ranging parameters subfield format is shown in Figure 9-1005 (Passive TB Ranging parameters subfield). (#1646)

B0     B3

B4     B7

Format and Bandwidth BW

Reserved

Bits:

6 (was 4)

2 (was 4)

Figure 9-1005— Passive TB Ranging parameters subfield

The Format and Bandwidth BW subfield is defined in Table 9-10010 (Format and Bandwidth subfield BW subfield for Availability Window field in the Passive TB Ranging Availability element), and indicates the requested or allocated PPDU format and bandwidth used to transmit the I2R/R2I NDP exchanged as part of the Passive TB Ranging measurement exchange the nominal BW used for the transmissions in the Passive TB Ranging availability window. Depending on the medium availability, the bandwidth used for the exchanged frames is equal to or smaller than the nominal BW (#1646, 7 #1103, #3310).

Thoughts?

Best Regards,

Erik