Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAZ] TGaz LB249 CID 3236 - Regarding rejection or not of Passive TB Ranging by RSTA requiring MAC security

Hello both,

I believe there was an agreement that the “ Protection of Range Negotiation and Measurement Management Frames Required field” holds no bearing over the rejection or

acceptance of an FTM Req. for establishing a Passive TB Ranging.

The latest proposal during the call is shown below (with the change identified).

I’ve document the proposal to remove the last line in the 11-20-1437 which I will upload soon and for review and SP on Tue.

An RSTA shall reject a request ,unless the request is for Passive TB Ranging, for a Trigger-Based, a non-Trigger-Based, or an EDCA based ranging measurement with a Format and Bandwidth field indicating DMG or EDMG format, if it has set the Protection of Range Negotiation and Measurement Management Frames Required field of the RSNXE to 1, and the ISTA has not successfully set up a security context to protect IFTMR, IFTM and LMR frames exchanged between the RSTA and the ISTA.

An RSTA shall not reject such a request for Passive TB ranging.

Best Regards,

Jonathan Segev,

Cell (WhatsApp): +1-408-203-3337