[STDS-802-11-TGAZ] TGaz: Status of outstanding CIDs to resolve in LB249

Dear TGaz,

As promised in the meeting today: below is a summary of the 11 outstanding CID resolutions. I have added a column to  indicate if they are PHY related. If you are an assignee, please try to bring resolutions to our meetings next week. PHY related CIDs are likely to be wrapped up together with the Secure LTF proposal. There are currently 4 unassigned CIDs.

CID PHY Related Clause Assignee Comment
3118 11.22.6.4.3.3 Christian Berger Add text to describe when ISTA receives multiple subsequent sounding trigger frame in exception conditions (secure or non-secure) it records & delivers the TOD measurement corresponding to the  last I2R NDP frame in its LMR report (if optionally transmitted).
3214G YES 27 Unassigned 11az introduces many changes to the clause 27 PHY and these changes breaks the baseline text. For example, 27.1.1 specifies all the PHY requirements which are different from those requirements to support 11az.  27.3.11.7 HE-SIG-A never mentioened the repetition of HE-LTF which is needed by 11az NDP. Not sure how to indicate them. 27.3..1.10 HE-LTF are also contradicated to the azD2.0 27.3.17c.
3215 YES 27.3.17c Unassigned 8 PSK is introduced for HE-LTF modudation. Is it reilable at low SNR condition? Also 8 PSK is not defined anywhere in the draft. Note that clause 27 HE PHY baseline doesn't' have 8 PSK
3354 YES 27.3.17c Unassigned Not enough random bits in secure ranging.
This can create security problems.
3356 4.3.19.19 Jerome Henry PASN only obfuscates the exchange from eavesdropper, but it does not protect against spoofing, which is the main problem. Also, eavesdropping is not prevented by encryption.
3376E 6.3.56 Ganesh-Venkatesan Figure 6-17, 6-17b and 6-17c includes interaction beyond that needed for service establishment i.e. PHY (anttena) and TOA/TOD. This is out of scope for section 6 SME and should be removed. It serves no purpose as all the information is repeated in section 11. also, by removing that you can have a single figure 6-17 which is correct for all modes of FTM (TB/NTB/EDCA) from the upper layers prespective it is meaningless for that purpose.
3611 9.4.2.296 Ganesh-Venkatesan "The I2R TOA Type subfield in the initial Fine Timing Measurement Request frame is set to 1 to  26
indicate that the ISTA supports phase shift type TOA feedback and is set to 0 to indicate that the  27
first  path  reporting  in  the  ISTA2RSTA  LMR.  The  I2R  TOA  type  in  the  initial  Fine  Timing  28
Measurement frame is set to 1 to indicate that the TOA feedback type in the ISTA2RSTA LMR  29
to be phase shift type of TOA, corresponding to the average linear phase across the subcarriers  30
and is set to 0 to indicate that, and the ISTA2RSTA LMR TOA feedback type to be the first path  31
reporting. " -- as far as I can tell in the IFTMR it's a capability indication and in the IFTM it's the request
3900 9.4.2.296 Qi-Wang "The Device Class and Full Bandwidth I2R MU-MIMO subfields are defined in Table 9-322b, Subfields of the HE PHY Capabilities Information field. For associated STAs their values are equal to the value of the Device Class and Full Bandwidth UL MU-MIMO subfields respectively that is exchanged during association. (#1103)."  The behavior corresponding to the setting of this field is not described in the spec.
3911 YES 11.22.6.4.6 Qi-Wang The Secure LTF mechanism for TB and NTB ranging needs to be improved. A submission will be provided.
3920 YES 27.3.17d Unassigned Construction of Secure HE-LTF For multi stream,  the construction of the HE-LTF dictates that ,no CSD is applied to the space-time streams. Without CSD, thus duplication (or perfectly negated version of the LTF sequence gets transmitted on the two spatial streams. This will result in construtive addition or destructive combing, resulting in signal boost or partial signal loss.
4018 YES 27.3.17c Christian Berger Introducing 8PSK into LTFs will be unique to all the other amendments (11g, 11n, 11ac, FTM, 11ax).

Thank you,

--Roy