Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAZ] Submission 11-21-835 Comment Resolution to 11 CIDs

That would be change the name of the field to ‘Sounding Dialog Token Number’ and change the description in D3.0 P89L10 to:

The value of the Sounding Dialog Token Number field is the value of the Sounding Dialog Token Number subfield in the Ranging 10 NDP Announcement frame corresponding to the measurement sounding phase in which the reported RSTA timestamps were measured (see 11.21.6.4.3 (TB Ranging measurement exchange) 12 and 11.21.6.4.8 (Measurement exchange in Passive TB Ranging mode)). (#1103, #3143))

From: Erik Lindskog
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2021 9:17 AM
To: 'Segev, Jonathan' <jonathan.segev@xxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11-TGAZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Submission 11-21-835 Comment Resolution to 11 CIDs

Hi Jonathan,

Regarding the proposed resolutions to CID 5253.

I was thinking it would be clearer if we changed of the name of the ‘Dialog Token’ field here to ‘Sounding Dialog Token’ as this is what it is specified to contain.

However, I see that for ‘Location Measurement Report frame format’ we also have a ‘Dialog Token’ field that I think for non-TB and TB Ranging is copied from the ‘Sounding Dialog Token number’.  Maybe there is sort of a backwards consistency requirement here with the REVmc ranging.

Maybe what we could do is to at least change in the description of the Dialog Token field in D3.0 P89L10 to:

The value of the Dialog Token field is the value of the Sounding Dialog Token Number field in the Ranging 10 NDP Announcement frame corresponding to the measurement sounding phase in which the reported RSTA timestamps were measured (see 11.21.6.4.3 (TB Ranging measurement exchange) 12 and 11.21.6.4.8 (Measurement exchange in Passive TB Ranging mode)). (#1103, #3143))

Though maybe we should indeed change to use the term the ‘Sounding Dialog Token Number’ here as we are using this term in Figure 9-64lb—Trigger Dependent Common Info subfield of Ranging Trigger on page 47 in D3.0.

In this case we would change the name of the field to ‘Sounding Dialog Token Number’ and change the description in D3.0 P89L10 to:

The value of the Sounding Dialog Token Number field is the value of the Sounding Dialog Token Number field in the Ranging 10 NDP Announcement frame corresponding to the measurement sounding phase in which the reported RSTA timestamps were measured (see 11.21.6.4.3 (TB Ranging measurement exchange) 12 and 11.21.6.4.8 (Measurement exchange in Passive TB Ranging mode)). (#1103, #3143))

Erik