From: Cordeiro, Carlos [mailto:carlos.cordeiro@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2018 5:04 PM
To: mark.hamilton2152@xxxxxxxxx; STDS-802-11-TGBA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-11-TGBA] Updated WUR architecture and state machines uploaded

Hi Mark,

Is there any reason for introducing the term “dual-band”? Back in the 11ad/11mc days, we had quite a bit of discussion on the use of such terms. We avoided using terms like “dual-band”, but instead decided to use “multi-band”. Architecturally, a STA has a single MAC and PHY entities. To refer to any box that has more than a single MAC and PHY entity, the 802.11 standard uses the term “multi-band device” (several occurrences of this term in 802.11-2016).

Thanks,

Carlos.