Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBA] CR for Editorial comments

Hi James,

              Thanks for discussing with me offline.

              For CID #348, I am ok that we spell out “Type Dependent Control” rather than using “TD Control.” I see that in 11ax, we do not have abbreviation for “Trigger Dependent User Info subfield.” Hence, I think it is ok that we do not spell it out.

              For CID 413, IEEE style guide line supports your comment as shown below. Hence, I will revise the resolution as well.

              Please see the link below for the revision.

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/18/11-18-1804-02-00ba-cr-for-editorial-comments.xlsx

IEEE style guide

10.7 Acronyms and abbreviations
Acronyms and abbreviations can be used to save time and space in the document. If the draft makes
extensive use of acronyms or abbreviations, a subclause within the definitions clause titled “Acronyms and
abbreviations” may be provided. If acronyms and abbreviations are included in the definitions clause,
Clause 3 should be titled “Definitions, acronyms, and abbreviations” and 3.1 and 3.2 titled “Definitions”
and “Acronyms and abbreviations,” respectively.
Acronyms and abbreviations, followed by the full term only, should be listed in alphanumeric order. For an
example of an acronyms and abbreviations subclause, see the sample draft in Annex C.
Within text, the acronym or abbreviation should follow the first use of the full term (the first time in the
introduction, then the first time in the body of the document, and then the first time in any annexes in which
the acronym appears). The abbreviation or acronym should be placed in parentheses when following the
full term.
Exceptions to the convention listed above are approved SI units. SI unit symbols are not abbreviations and
shall not be included in a list of abbreviations and acronyms. The treatment of letter symbols for units (e.g.,
mm for millimeter), letter symbols for quantities (e.g., R for resistance), and mathematical symbols (e.g.,
log for logarithm) is covered in IEEE Std 260.1 and IEEE Std 280 (see also Clause 15).

Best,

Po-Kai