[STDS-802-11-TGBA] Questions on Doc. 11-19-0443r0

Hi Jeongki,

Thank you for uploading doc.11-19-0443r0. Sorry that I wasn’t in the room to listen to your presentation as I had to be in TGmd. But I have following questions after briefly reviewing it:

1.     If a WUR Wake-up frame with All-BSSs ID needs to be protected, which BSS’s WUR IGTK should be used?  Or do we need to create another All-BSSs WUR IGTK for this? It is weird that a security key can be used across different BSSs. On the other hand, if without integrity protection, such All-BSSs WUR Wake-up frame is a very attractive tool for a malicious attacker, isn’t it?

2.     How often is this kind of wake-up needed? For what purpose? I think a reasonable deployment scenario is that almost all, if not all, WUR non-AP STAs are associated with one BSS, either the transmitted BSS or a virtual BSS that is created to serve WUR non-AP STAs in the first place, for example, all sensors and utility appliances in a house are served by a virtual BSS called “MyUtility”.  How realistic is it that someone wishes to spread all WUR non-AP STAs all over different BSSs?

I look forward to catching up with you during the Social this evening to exchange our views. Thank you.

Best regards,

Yunsong Yang

Futurewei Technologies

10180 Telesis Court, STE 400