Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBA] TGba ad-hoc meeting (4/17-18): call for submissions

Yunsong,

                Thanks for your help.  I posted a revised document with that resolution text.

Steve

From: Yangyunsong <yangyunsong@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:11 PM
To: Steve Shellhammer <sshellha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11-TGBA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-11-TGBA] TGba ad-hoc meeting (4/17-18): call for submissions

Hi Steve,

Your editing looks good to me.

Thanks,

Yunsong Yang

Futurewei Technologies

10180 Telesis Court, STE 400

San Diego, CA 92121

Phone: +1-858-754-3638

From: Steve Shellhammer [mailto:sshellha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:43 PM
To: Yangyunsong <yangyunsong@xxxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-11-TGBA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yunsong,

                I made a few edits on your suggestion.  If this is good I can make a revision of the CR document with this resolution.

Regards,

Steve

Rejected

First, the comment is invalid as the commenter didn’t identify any change so that the specific wording of the changes that will satisfy the commenter can be determined by the CRC.

Second, the CRC disagree with the commenter on the issue raised. The design is intended that the WUR-SYNC signal only carries the WUR data rate information, so as to simplify the WUR-SYNC detector and to strike a good balance between the detectability and false alarm on the WUR-SYNC detection. After a WUR receiver detects the WUR-SYNC field it will process the WUR frame, which would indicate whether the WUR frame is intended for that STA. Trying to reduce scanning power consumption by moving a BSS identifier information into the WUR-SYNC field, which the commenter seems to imply, would result in much higher miss detection rate and false alarm rate on the WUR-SYNC detection, and as a result, significantly comprise the overall performance. If extremely low scanning power consumption is desired, one can consider using the WUR duty-cycle operation with a low duty ratio.”