Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBD] TGbd Teleconference on Dec 17

Hello, all,

The agenda of TGbd teleconference on Dec 17 is updated as below.

  1. Call meeting to order.

  2. Patent policy and meeting rules

  3. Setting agenda

  4. Attendance: send email to the chair (sun.bo1@xxxxxxxxxx) and the secretary (James Lepp, jlepp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

  5. Presentations and discussion (call for submissions and presenting confirmation)

    - FCC 5.9 GHz NPRM discussion

  6. Adjourn

Some useful link with the newly announced information attached.

https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-seeks-promote-innovation-59-ghz-band

https://www.fcc.gov/news-events/events/2019/12/december-2019-open-commission-meeting

And thanks to Jay Holcomb, the chair of 802.18 WG, for providing the following information:

here is a rough estimate on a timeline for the 5.9 GHz NPRM we discussed in .18 last week, with some clarity added.

      Draft timeline:

      Assume Federal Register 4 weeks after the Open Call, ~12jan

(normal 3 wks + 1 wk for the holiday)

            •      Risk:  Chairman Pai wants to fast track this.

      They say a 30-day comment period, so comments would be due ~11feb.

      Back up about 2 weeks for LMSC(EC) ballot start ~28jan,

      So need to approve by 23jan. (a week after Wireless Interim)

          •      counting closer, we may be able to wait to approve on 30jan

      They say a 60-day reply comment period, so ~12mar.  need to approve 27feb.

we anticipate the final NPRM to come out in the next few days, will be watching for it and pass along.

will also be looking at some adhoc calls and adhoc meetings at the wireless interim, much like we did last year on this topic.

have had several already offer to help out that know the history from the last time and knowing areas we should look at. this is really going to help. and many are in .11bd also so will closely work with you and the TG.

if you have any questions or inputs please let us know.

jay

Best Regards,

Bo

原始邮件