Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Multi-AP set definition discussion

Hi Yonggang and Cheng
Thank you for the discussion
See below a table that summarizes our current proposals, my suggestions are as follows:

Lets fill in the table's missing information and run a SP on the preferred option based on table options. our next steps will be directed by the SP results.
Personally I think that Option 2 and Option 3 share similarities and could be joined into one option, in that case the SP will need to decide between 2 options in total.
Fill free to modify the table per need

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Cheng (DCN596)

Oren (DCN617)

Yonggang (DCN1961)

Static Group

Name

Coordinated AP Set

AP Candidate Set

AP Candidate Set

Definition

Trusted boundary of coordinated AP operations in the management domain

AP’s within the Sharing AP coverage area and can coordinate

A set of APs are formed statically within a coverage area, and can discover each other, establish a connection and share the frequency and time resources

Method of Establishment

External Coordinator or user configuration setting

Group is formed Per-AP and by the AP via negotiations with other APs

Not Indicated

Dependencies

None

Reliable link between APs in the set

Wired or Wireless link between the APs in the set

Dynamic Group

Name

None

AP Operation Set

Multi-AP Active Set

Definition

N/A

Subset of the AP Candidate set and includes all AP & STA that participate in the upcoming coordinated transmission shared by Sharing AP

A subset of the multi-AP candidate set, and formed dynamically to communicate to a STA or a group of STAs within a TXOP.

Method of Establishment

Sharing AP decision

Not Indicated

Regards
Oren Kedem

‫בתאריך יום ג׳, 21 ביולי 2020 ב-22:49 מאת ‪Yonggang Fang‬‏ <‪yfang@xxxxxxxxx‬‏>:‬

HI Cheng  Chen,

Thanks for your comment.  See my feedback in line.

Best Regards

Yonggang  Fang

ZTE  (TX)