Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] Updated REVmd MAC ad hoc comment resolution spreadsheet

> CIDs ready for motion on the “Motion MAC-O” tab: 1397, 1394, 1369, 1354, 1189, 1021.

I have the following comments on these:

- 1394: fine, you could allow there to be more than one VSse,

but other than that, which are the "few that could potentially be reasonable"

to have multiple times?  If there are such, they should be

explicitly called out.

a restriction", the problem is obvious: if there is more than one,

then which one do you use, if they are mutually contradictory?

Just picking the first instance in Clause 9, what if a Channel

Load request has more than one Wide Bandwidth Channel Switch

subelement is present and they identify different channel sets?

- 1369: it is not clear that 11.1.4.6 and 11.1.7 describe rx

and tx respectively.  This needs to be stated (e.g. in the

heading).  In addition, the verbiage about "if you have >8

you need both, otherwise the extended is optional" should not

be duplicated

- 1354: I'm a bit leery of "includes a decimal value within parentheses"

because it would not cover the case where the value is e.g. hex

(I don't know whether there are any cases now, but there certainly

could be in the future).  How about saying "numeric value"

instead?

Thanks,

Mark

Note: Pursuant to the notice at the end of this email, this email

is addressed to everyone involved in 802.11 work, and does

not contain protected information.  Full dissemination,

distribution, copying and use is authorised.

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk