Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11-18/1260r2

Guido and others:

Thanks for the work on this item. I have a few questions:

1) changes to 10.24.2.7

In the first sub-bullet of the modified text, the sentence says:

Frames from a higher priority AC may be included when the primary AC is non-empty and after all frames from the primary AC have been transmitted.

Note that "after all frames from the primary AC have been transmitted" contradicts "when the primary AC is non-empty"

Perhaps what you mean to say is:

Frames from a higher priority AC may be included in the TXOP if at least one MPDU from the primary AC was transmitted during the TXOP and after all frames in the primary AC queue have been transmitted during the TXOP.

This language fixes one problem but another remains:

There is a question of whether the "all frames in the primary AC queue" should be modified to:

"all frames in the primary AC queue to the same RA"

or something like that.

For example, what if, as in figure 10-27, the TXOP was based on AC_VI and the first three frames are for STA1 and the next one in AC_VI is for STA3 - in this case, one would presume that the TXOP is AC_VI for STA1, and everything else is being permitted under the rule, but the rule is not actually satisfied because of the presence of the STA3 MPDU. So the rule needs to be more specific about what is permitted under which conditions. Can I mix same AC to different RA within the same TXOP? Am I required to do this before mixing in higher AC traffic to the same RA?

Do we already have a rule on mixing RA for a single TXOP of a single AC?

If so, where is it?
If so, it would need to be modified.

2) Figure 10-27

Your proposed text change deletes the only reference to Figure 10-27 but does not delete Figure 10-27.

Either delete Figure 10-27, or keep it and add a new reference to it.

Also, in order to illustrate the modified TXOP sharing rule, if the figure is to remain, then it should be modified to show the third AP Data-bearing transmission to include only AC_VO data for RA=STA1.

Matthew Fischer
Nice Guy
Broadcom Inc.
+1 408 543 3370 office