[STDS-802-11-TGM] Fwd: [STDS-802-11] 2020 January - March TGmd CRC teleconference and ad-hoc agenda document posted

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Rison <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 5:30 PM
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-11] 2020 January - March TGmd CRC teleconference and ad-hoc agenda document posted
To: M Montemurro (montemurro.michael@xxxxxxxxx) <montemurro.michael@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Dorothy Stanley <dstanley1389@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello Mike,

> Mike Montemurro, TGmd Vice Chair, will chair the call since I will be traveling.

Ah.  Unfortunately this term my younger daughter is doing gymnastics club

on Friday afternoons, so I will be in the middle of the school run during

the TGm teleconf.  I will try to listen in while driving, but I will

not be able to speak while doing so; I will only be able to do so when

I am parked up (probably about 15:30-16:00 and maybe about 16:35 onwards,

UK time).

I have done my best to provide all my input to Edward's and Graham's

submissions in advance, so please be kind enough to put this to the group

(where it was not accepted by Graham).  I attach the emails to Graham

and (to Dorothy because I cannot email Edward privately) regarding

Edward's resolutions (I also emailed some comments on 19/2163r7 to

the reflector, which I think Edward mostly addressed in r8, but see

below).

In addition, regarding Edward's CID 4235 resolution in 20/0235r0 (which

in general I think are preferable to Graham's in 20/0233r2, where they

overlap), I note the current wordings re 25.3.10 xrefs are:

A CMMG STA shall transmit an RTS frame carried in CMMG or CMMG duplicate format (see 25.3.10

transmitted (#2037)in duplicate format as defined in 25.3.10

transmitted (#2037)in duplicate format as defined in 25.3.10

transmitted (#2037)in duplicate format as defined in 25.3.10 [three NOTEs essentially saying the same thing…]

transmitted in duplicate format as defined in 25.3.10

symbols are duplicated as described in 25.3.10

symbols are duplicated as described in 25.3.10

symbols are transmitted using duplication style as described in 25.3.10 [this is what the comment is about]

signal is resampled as  defined in 25.3.10

So I'm not sure Edward's

symbols are duplicated as described in 25.3.10 and then transmitted

is consistent.  I think just

symbols are duplicated as described in 25.3.10

would be more consistent, and the triplicated NOTE should be detriplicated too.

And regarding CID 4073/4074 in 19/2163r8 note a typo in

"initiatior" in the proposed resolution (the new text).

Also I don't think the replacement at 2064.24 should be made as shown.

(only the one at 2064.25).  The 2064.24 one should be

just "following"->"next".

And regarding CID 4261 in the same doc, I'm not persuaded by the

"The BIP Additional Authentication Data (AAD) shall be constructed from the MPDU header."

It's just "is constructed" at 2604.23, which seems correct to me

as it's just a statement of fact.

And regarding CID 4125/4126 in the same doc, it still refers to r7

for the resolution.

I also attach a couple of other Chair requests.

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk