Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] Updated submission on Japan regulatory updates (was Remove channel 14)

Hello Mark,

We used to have a process for dealing with requests fro the Regulatory Standing Committee, when we had a Regulatory Standing Committee.
This was deleted when the Reg SC was closed.

See 11-14-0629r16, text in 9.1.6 copied below. This text was removed in the r17 in 2017.

Typically we have an active revision process underway.

Dorothy
=================================

ANA requests from the Regulatory SC

The ANA accepts requests for allocation of numbers from the 802.11 Regulatory (REG) SC, subject to approval by the WG.  The purpose of this support is to allow the WG to track rapidly changing regulatory requirements in a controlled way.

The process is as follows:

1.     A request to the ANA from the REG SC shall be approved by motion in a meeting of the REG SC.  The intent to hold a motion and the supporting documentation shall be announced to the WG on the WG reflector 4 weeks in advance of the motion being considered.  Any motion in the REG SC shall be brought to the WG for confirmation.

2.     The request shall be accompanied by a submission that can be referenced from the Description field of any allocation (i.e., entry in the ANA database) explaining how that value is used, and providing any additional information that cannot be recorded in the ANA database.

a.     For example, a request for a new operating class would be accompanied by all the information that would go in a draft amendment or standard associated with the value – i.e., the full table row contents.

3.     The ANA shall circulate the requests and tentative assignments to the 802.11 editor's reflector and ask TG editors to check for any conflict.  Typically the requests are generated following a session.  The ANA should respond to the request within 1 week.  The ANA shall reject any request that is not properly formed, i.e., does not supply all information required by the ANA form, or does not provide a reference document that fully describes the use of the requested value.  The last item of any resource will never be assigned and will always automatically be designated as “escape bit/number”.

4.     After a period of 1 week has elapsed and no conflict has been reported, the assignments are confirmed and the ANA shall upload an updated database document and notify the WG reflector.

5.     The REG SC can, at its option, update the cited reference document to show the allocated value(s).

6.     The ANA will bring any such allocations as a proposed change to TGm when a revision project is active.