Re: [STDS-802-11] mentor search/download enhancements

Hi Mark,
As you know, you and anyone else are welcome to suggest changes to the tools.

The procedure is that the request is combined with those from all the 802 WG and submitted to the IEEE-SA tools folks.

As the 802 Executive Secretary, I track the suggestions and assist in the prioritization of the suggested changes to not only Mentor, but the Attendance tool and myProject.

The IEEE-SA eTools folks take our input along with suggestions and feedback from all the societies that are working with the tools, and the issues are prioritized.

With the Prioritized list, they develop a plan and get a budget prepared to address the issues.

It does take some time to get the developers assigned the task, but it is done as quickly as they can.

For example, your suggestions from May are now scheduled for deployment this month (Oct)...
     1249 Mark Rison 5/10/2012 1) Med
     2) High
     3) Med
4) Med Oct-12 Mentor Doc Filter Can I suggest two improvements to Mentor Documents? 1) Have an option to only show the most recent revision of a given document. Button to only show latest revision.

2) Improve the filter facilities. I would like to be able to filter for a particular author/affiliation, or any column

3) There's of course also my long-standing request to put all the inactive TGs after the active ones, in the drop-down. Adjust sort capability in Doc Group drop down so "inactive can go to bottom"

4) Ability to Delete unused Doc Groups (JR) June 2012: Submitted for enhancement quote
     Scheduled for Oct.2012 development

I will take your new suggestions and put them into the hopper for consideration for a future release.
Regards,
Jon
802 Executive Secretary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Rison" <Mark.Rison@xxxxxxx>