[STDS-802-11] Outcome of 802 EC closing plenary

Dear 802.11 participants,

The three items brought to the EC for approval were unanimously approved:

1. Wake-up radio PAR to NesCom
2. WUR Study Group extension
3. Liaision of doc https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/16/11-16-1493-04-0000-draft-response-ls-to-3gpp-ran1-on-energy-detection-threshold-in-future-802-11-technologies.docx to 3GPP RAN1.

On the matter of the TGax dominance investigation,   the EC approved
https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/16/ec-16-0186-03-00EC-recommendations-for-tgax-dominance-complaint.docx
and directed the 802.11 chair to implement them.

I will post (in the next few days) a WG document to hold the response to any questions I read as to the interpretation of the EC instruction. If you have any questions about how the remedy will be implemented, please send them to me. I will revise the document to hold my response.

--
Sincerely,

Adrian Stephens
IEEE 802.11 Working Group Chair