[STDS-802-11] Call for volunteers: WG11 liaison to IETF

Dear 802.11 members,

I will be stepping down as liaison officer from IEEE 802.11 to IETF as soon as a new liaison officer is appointed, anticipated to be during the upcoming May 2018 meeting.

Please send an email to me if you are interested in this position.

The liaison to IETF typically involves but is not limited to the following:

·         Identifying and reporting on IETF areas of interest at Interim and Plenary meetings

·         Being the contact person for any IETF document review requests

·         Attending IETF meetings regularly (3 in person meetings per year. I attended 2-3 per year)

·         Attending IEEE 802-IESG Coordination meetings (teleconferences 2-3x per year, in-person meetings at IETF meetings, special meetings on an occasional basis) and representing IEEE 802.11 items

·         Managing (presenting/developing or arranging) IETF requested tutorials on 802.11 topics

Thank you,

Dorothy

Dorothy Stanley
IEEE 802.11 WG Chair