[STDS-802-11] Objectives for EHT SG in November

EHT SG participants,

There are three sessions scheduled for the EHT SG November Plenary in Bangkok. The objective will be to produce an initial draft of the PAR and CSD as the main output for the session. The focus in the meeting will be constructing a PAR and filling out the CSD, so given that these documents are generally written at a high level, I will only be providing agenda time for technical presentations after the study group has a agreed on an initial draft of the PAR and CSD.

In the first session, I would like to have a discussion on the PAR scope and feature content. There has been a lot of discussion in the TIG and SG on reducing the time taken to complete the project and there have been a number of features proposed. We could create multiple (likely 2) PARs that would run in parallel. I’d like to have a discussion on the feasibility of creating multiple PARs in parallel and the various trade-offs with doing so.

I’d like to encourage everyone to review the presentations we’ve seen so far in the previous sessions; consider whether we should create single or multiple PARs for EHT; and to prepare for a discussion on what features we want to specify for EHT and what could be done to make the project timelines shorter.

Cheers,

Mike