[STDS-802-11] 11-19/1173r9-- mitigating side channel and timing attacks

  Hello,

  I have updated 11-19/1173 to do the "Simplified SWU" method of hashing to a curve. This supports

all the curves possible with SAE and is more efficient that the previous version. It can be implemented

in constant time which will mitigate the side channel and timing attacks described in the recent

"Dragonblood" paper. In addition, it mitigates a group downgrade attack (also described in that paper).

      https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/19/11-19-1173-09-000m-pwe-in-constant-time.docx

  Please take a look. I have implemented this so I know it works. The question is, though, is this

specified in a clear enough way for others to implement.

  regards,

  Dan.