From: Andrew Myles (amyles)
Sent: Tuesday, 6 August 2019 5:51 PM
To: Andrew Myles (amyles) <amyles@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Coex Workshop survey & other material available

Dear Andrew,

It is now time to send what I hope is my final e-mail, as convenor of the IEEE 802.11 Coexistence Workshop, to you as a participant. Thank you again for your participation in the Workshop!

The two Workshop surveys have now closed, and I have compiled the results into two draft PowerPoint documents (every anonymous, individual comment is in the appendix):

·       11-19-1398: Feedback on the operation of  the IEEE 802.11 Coexistence Workshop

·       11-19-1404: Feedback on various issues raised at the IEEE 802.11 Coexistence Workshop

Personally, I found the Workshop survey results to be very interesting. They highlighted that the various communities still have a lot of work to do before we come to a consensus on how to achieve coexistence between Wi-Fi and LAA/NR-U in both the 5 GHz and 6 GHz band. However, they also hint at some paths to resolve at least some of open issues. Feel free to send me any comments related to the surveys.

Please note the survey results are not representative of all stakeholders of the coexistence issue and so care must be taken when using them to draw any conclusions. There is a disclaimer to this effect in each of survey summaries. That said, they do provide an insight into some of the discussions we might have had at the Workshop with more time.

All the Workshop materials are now all available for download:

·       Workshop agenda (ppt version including abstracts, and xls version).

·       11-19-1380: Guido Hiertz (our Workshop Secretary) has uploaded the draft minutes. Please review them. If you have any proposals for adds/deletes/changes please send them to Guido, copied to me. The minutes will also be reviewed at the next IEEE 802.11 Coexistence Standing Committee meeting.

·       11-19-1216: This list of workshop attendees includes the name and affiliation of everyone who gave consent for their name to be included. About 12 people are missing.

The Workshop is not intended to be the end of discussions about coexistence between Wi-Fi and NR-U/LAA in the 5 GHz and 6 GHz bands, but rather a reboot of the discussions that have occurred between and in various groups since 2015. Please use the Workshop materials and discussions as an inspiration to contribute to future coexistence discussions in IEEE 802.11 WG, 3GPP RAN/RAN1/RAN4, ETSI BRAN, Wi-Fi Alliance, Wireless Broadband Alliance and elsewhere.

In particular, I would like to invite submissions, from anyone who wants assist progressing the resolution of any coexistence related issues, to the IEEE 802.11 Coexistence Standing Committee for our next face to face meeting in Hanoi in September 2019. Ideally any submissions would be accompanied by the author. However, written submissions are also very welcome if you cannot attend in person.

Andrew Myles
Convenor of IEEE 802.11 Coexistence Workshop
Chair IEEE 802.11 Coexistence Standing Committee
Affiliation: Cisco
amyles@xxxxxxxxx