Re: [STDS-802-11] Fwd: Liaison from WFA re: ANA assignment request; WG11 Electronic ballot

  It's not an issue of how "many" 802.11 voters might have access to this information, it's

that it has not been supplied to support the request. I have no idea why it wasn't but it

should've been.

  These are finite resources and there needs to be a justification for using up these finite

resources. Who knows, maybe someone in the 802.11 WG will come up with a better way

to do this feature after seeing what it is you want to do. A win-win possibility we should not

preclude by rashly voting to approve.

  There is also precedence here. We can't get into the habit of rubber-stamping requests

simply because there might be some overlap between members of the 802.11 WG and the

requesting organization. "You want some finite resource to be assigned to you? OK, why and

how will you use it?" That's eminently reasonable.

 regards,

  Dan.