Re: [STDS-802-11] In memoriam: George Vlantis

Dear 802.11 members:

I could not remain silent with respect to this awful news. George was a good friend and trusted 802.11 regulatory colleague. For many years he attended all of the Regulatory Standing Committee and 802.18 meetings. He was always helpful, quick with a kind word and was always in great spirits.

His contributions and his personality will be missed.

Please convey my sincerest condolences to his family. Rest in peace, my friend.

Rich Kennedy
Electrical Engineer Emeritus

rkennedy1000@xxxxxxxxx
+1 (737) 202-7014

" For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy