Re: [STDS-802-11] Fwd: [STDS-WG-CHAIRS] 2020 IEEE SA Standards Style Manual

Hi Dorothy,

It is likely that we will need to update 11-09/1034r16 the “802.11 Editorial Style Guide” to align with this new style manual.

e.g. the new IEEE SA Standards Style Manual introduces a new normative verb “can”, we have been using “can” as a non-normative verb.

There are probably other changes that should be addressed, but I’ve only taken a quick look at the new document.

Do you have any thoughts on when we will have to adhere to this new Style Guide?

I assume that TGme will have to update IEEE Std 802.11 to align with this new Style Guide as part of its work, but it is unclear to me which other amendments (TGs) should update their text to align with this “new” style.

Regards,

Joseph Levy